2. In 1616, who originally named Australia, Eendrachtsland?
3. What are the next nine words in this poem, “I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains ...”?
4. Who was Australia’s first Prime Minister to have been born in Tasmania?
5. The Royal Military College, Duntroon, is located in which Australian city?
6. In relation to the digital free-to-air TV channel, NITV, what does NITV stand for?
7. Which country hosted the equestrian events during the 1956 Melbourne Summer Olympics?
8. George Burarrwanga was the frontman for which iconic Australian band?
9. Which 1975 movie starred Anne-Louise Lambert, Helen Morse, Rachel Roberts, Vivean Gray and Dominic Guard?
10. Boundary Islet contains Australia’s shortest land border between which two states?
11. Which Australian opera singer was known as La Stupenda?
12. As at 2014, who has kicked the most goals in VFL/AFL history?
13. Which classic 1960s/70s TV series featured the character, Det. Sgt. Frank Banner?
14. For which 2004 movie did Cate Blanchett win the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role?
15. What is the westernmost point on the Australian mainland?
16. Who replaced Sir John Kerr as Governor-General of Australia?
17. The Black Mountain (Kalkajaka) National Park is located in which Australian state or territory?
18. What were the first four banknotes issued when Australia changed to decimal currency in 1966?
19. Who was the skipper of the 1983 America’s Cup winning yacht, Australia II?
20. In what year was the painting, Blue Poles: Number 11, 1952, purchased for the National Gallery of Australia?
Author: Ric Allport
Author Bio: read
For further enquiries, please email Margret on email@example.com or call us on 07 5553 3200.
Click to enlarge